Links for Reading at Home
Click on image to see full view with working links
Devices for Online Learning
We have a limited number of devices to allocate to families to support online learning.
The devices will be allocated on a needs basis. First to children who have no devices at home. Then to families with one device that is being used by a sibling at secondary school.
We already have a list of which children need them the most. If we are given more devices by the government, we will allocate them to families as soon as possible.
We will contact you to collect and sign a loan agreement if you are selected.
Increasing Data Allowances on Mobile Phones to Support Online Learning
You may be able to have access to additional data to support your child at home with their online learning.
What data you will get depends on your mobile network. Some networks cannot offer data to Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) customers.
We will need the following from the account holder:
Account holders with monthly contracts need to be over the age of 18.
Pay Monthly and Pay-as-you-go customers.
Pay Monthly customers only
When activated, you will receive a text message informing you of you your free data.
You will receive your free data will end on 31st July 2021 The data can be used when tethering a mobile phone to another device for internet access.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR INFORMATION TO THE SCHOOL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS THERE IS A LIMITED AMOUNT OF DATA AVAILABLE!
The following privacy statement is for:
1. For the purposes of data protection, I need to let you know that the Department for Education (DfE) is running the Mobile Network Offer through schools and their trusts or local authorities.
2. If the offer is taken up by an adult account holder, the school or social care team will share the account holder’s name and mobile phone details with the DfE, who will share these with the relevant mobile network operator.
3. The mobile network operator will use that information to increase the data available for the account holder’s mobile device, as long as they qualify for the offer.
4. The adult account holder’s personal data is only shared with their mobile network operator for the purposes of the offer. No names of children or other adults, other than adult account holder, are shared with the DfE or the mobile network operator.
5. No personal information will be shared with the DfE if you do not want to take up the offer.
6. If you want to know more about how your personal information will be used before you take up the offer, we can send that to you first.
7. If you decide to take up the offer, you will get a text message from the Department for Education with more information about your data protection rights.